Help test new HTTP/FTP code

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Sat Dec 25 18:21:59 CET 2004

On Sat, Dec 25, 2004 at 10:45:02AM -0600, Joe Vender wrote:
> >On 12/24/04 at 2:55 PM David Shaw wrote:
>
> >> configure looks for libcurl in two steps: first, it runs the
> >> 'curl-config' script to see if it exists.  You're not getting past
> >> that stage.  Doesn't the win32 version of curl have a curl-config
> >> script?
> >
> >It seems it doesn't, so I've revamped the configure check for
> >libcurl to not require curl-config.  Could you try again?  Note that
> >curl header files live in a subdirectory: it should be
> >c:\mingw\include\curl\curl.h and not c:\mingw\include\curl.h
> >
> >David
>
> I'm not having much luck with this. I've tried using the libcurl.a that
> comes with curl-7.12.3-win32-ssl-devel-mingw32.zip and also tried
> generating my own from the source, but ./configure doesn't seem to like any
> of it. It keeps seeing libcurl as unusable.

Well, autoconf meets the most important test, which is that it detects
that state properly and keeps going (and builds with the standard http
code).

That doesn't help you getting the curl stuff up though.  I'm not
actually sure why you're having problems.  What error did you get when
you tried to build and install your own curl rather than use the
precompiled dll from the curl people?

David