Issue with photo ID's

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Jan 6 09:45:29 CET 2004

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 19:25:30 -0500, David Shaw said:

> Probably the easiest fix is that Cygwin has a magic environment
> variable to fix this (it's a common problem): just set CYGWIN=binmode
> (or rather add binmode to any existing contents of $CYGWIN).  Werner,
> does your special Mingw32 have something like that?

No, STDIO is the standard C library as provided by Windows and it
knows about about the "b" flag to fopen.  I plan to include a custom
stdio for other reasons but that won't help.  A global flag indicating
that everyting is binary (i.e. a single LF for line endings) has other
problems: Configuration files might not work correclt anymore due to
the missing CR/LF to LF mapping. Thus the best solution is to use the
"b" flag for everything which is not a text file.  One can get used to
this but yes, it is easy to miss.

Time for 1.2.25 ?

Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com