OpenPGP card info

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Jan 24 19:34:32 CET 2004

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 20:32:16 +0100, Andreas Jellinghaus said:

> thanks, I got the scdaemon working, and
> sc-investigate works fine, but sc-copykey
> does not (it expects a secring.gpg, right?).

No, it expects the secret key in the gpg-agent format, thus it is
currently only possible to use certain X.509 keys.

> also gpg2 does not find scdaemon:
> gpg: can't connect to the agent: connect failed
> gpg: OpenPGP card not available: No agent running

Make sure $GPG_AGENT_INFO has been set.

> and running gpg-agent and setting the environment

The other instance of scdaemon might still have a lock on the card.

Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com
Free Software Foundation Europe                  http://fsfeurope.org