gpgme bug: verify + failed auto key retreival?

Marcus Brinkmann Marcus.Brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Jan 27 08:50:15 CET 2004

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 07:06:02PM +0100, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
> I think I hit a bug in gpgme's gpgme_op_verify() operation when the auto-
> key-retrieve option is set for gpg.

This is a known issue.  I think this has been fixed in a newer GPG version.
The problem is that GPG emits status lines that confuse GPGME (NODAD).

> IMHO, gpgme_op_verify() should not return the result of the "second level"
> action like key retreival, as this is not really an error.

The problem is that gpgme doesn't know it is "second level".  A push/pop
message from GPG could be used to do this.  In any case this is a problem
between GPG and GPGME, and I might be wrong, but I think it has been fixed.
Which version of GPG do you use?

Thanks,
Marcus

--