[FEATURE REQ, RFC], improving ergonomic HMI fingerprint cross verification

Tim Mooney mooney at dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak.edu
Fri Jul 16 21:53:21 CEST 2004

In regard to: Re: [FEATURE REQ, RFC], improving ergonomic HMI fingerprint...:

> Even people who don't speak a word of English can read hex.

True, and as long both the reader and the listener speak the
same language it shouldn't be a problem, but there's still
some room for misinterpretation.  Assuming I remember my
German, when I say something that sounds like "ay",
English-speakers will think "a" but German-speakers will
think "e".

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney at dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak.edu