[FEATURE REQ, RFC], improving ergonomic HMI fingerprint cross verification

Tim Mooney mooney at dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak.edu
Fri Jul 16 22:13:12 CEST 2004

In regard to: Re: [FEATURE REQ, RFC], improving ergonomic HMI fingerprint...:

>> Thanks, my preferred method would actually be:
>>
>>   gpg --fingerprint mooney | sed -ne 's/^.*Key fingerprint = //p' | callsign
>>
>> but I showed the "easy and straightforward" method for the masses.
>
> Be careful with parsing gpg output.  It is guaranteed to change
> eventually and break your code (plus matching on the string "Key
> fingerprint" only works if the language is English).  The only output
> that will not change its format is --with-colons.

:-)  You win, your method is better.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney at dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak.edu