Feature Request: More output on signature

Douglas F. Calvert douglist at anize.org
Fri Jul 30 20:35:42 CEST 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 09:45 -0400, David Shaw wrote:
> This release brings development even closer to a good point for 1.4.
> If there is something that you do not like here, be it a missing
> feature, a UI choice, or, well, anything, now is the time to speak up.
> Once 1.3.x becomes the new stable, large changes will be unlikely.
> While we obviously cannot guarantee that every suggestion will be
> included, they will all be looked at.

I would like to see an option that made gpg print out more information
during signature verifications. When keys are q, m or f trusted I would
like to be able to discern what the trust path looks like. I am not
exactly sure what I would want it to look like, this is the hard part.
Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Also it would be nice to have gpg notify users if there is a new key
preference that they should set. I generated my keys pre-MDC I was
unaware that this feature was added until i started digging around in
the prefs. This would have been a nice time to educate users on MDC and
increase the number of keys that had this option set.

Douglas F. Calvert