gpgme_op_edit?!?

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jun 2 03:26:41 CEST 2004

At Sat, 29 May 2004 19:27:40 +0200,
Albrecht Dreß wrote:

> [1  <multipart/signed (7bit)>]
> [1.1  <text/plain; ISO-8859-15 (quoted-printable)>]
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently trying to port a Gnome keymanager app (seahorse) from gpgme
> 0.3 to gpgme 0.4.7, and I ran into the function gpgme_op_edit(). However,
> I can not find any documentation about it, although it's in the header
> file, and it's not marked as depracted.
>
> Now, where can I find the doc of the function?

gpgme_op_edit is a cheater function that allows us to implement cool
features into GPA without adding proper interfaces to GPGME for them.
That's why it is undocumented, and thus we don't claim it to be a
proper part of the interface.

However, between you and me, we are likely going to stick with it for
quite a while, as it is needed in GPA.  However, you must deal with
engine specific communcation, so you will also have to deal with
changes in gpg itself.

It's use should be pretty obvious.  It just passes through the command
fd stuff from gpg (except passphrase and progress, if you install
handlers for them).

If you need it, feel free to use it, but be careful about the above
limitations (expect breakage).

Thanks,
Marcus