gpgsm-Problems

Andreas Bergen andreas.bergen at in-jesus.de
Tue Jun 8 17:08:24 CEST 2004

Hi,

I've got a problem using gpgsm. If I understand it correctly then there's
RC2-support in the newest gnupg-1.9-version. But unfortunately I seem to be
unable to compile it in a way that it works.

I downloaded, compiled and installed
libassuan-0.6.4
libgcrypt-1.1.94
libgpg-error (newest from CVS)
libksba-0.9.6
and
gnupg-1.9.8

Compilation and installation worked fine but as I wrote above there's still
the message that RC2 is not supported:

gpgsm: unsupported algorithm `1.2.840.113549.3.2'

Another interesting thing is that (though 3DES works) gpgsm gives an empty
list of supported algorithms:

Secure memory is not locked into core
gpgsm (GnuPG) 1.9.8
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

Home: ~/.gnupg
Unterst?tzte Algorithmen:

Have I done anything wrong? Do I have to activate rc2-support? where?

And I've got one final question: Is there anywhere a cryptplug-version which
supports this new gnupg/gpgsm?

Thanks for any help
Yours
  Andreas Bergen

P.S. Please reply also by email as I'm not subscribed to the list.

--
Andreas Bergen
E-Mail: andreas.bergen in-jesus de