OpenPGP SMTP headers

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder at fortytwo.ch
Wed May 19 09:55:23 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 18 May 2004 22.30, Atom 'Smasher' wrote:

> make my own RFC... that sounds intimidating... i have no idea where
> to start on a project like that... if anyone has any advice, please
> send it to me (off list, if it's off topic).

I suggest you first get the terminology right - these headers have
nothing to do with SMTP if I understand you correctly.

Then you may want to produce patches to some of the popular mailers, to
demonstrate how you imagine it all should work (for those mailers that
are scriptable, this probably isn't a big problem. A small hook
for .forward files should be trivial, too) - if your idea is supported
by more than one application, there's a bigger chance that people will
consider it seriously.

As for finding the right forum, this might be either the RFC822 people
<http://www.imc.org/ietf-822/index.html> or the openpgp workgroup (but
if you post it there, you should make it clear that you do not propose
this for inclusion for rfc2440. It should probably go into an RFC of
its own)

greetings
-- vbi

--