Public keyring gone...

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Mon May 31 10:53:26 CEST 2004

Hi!

Maybe some of you remember that (quite some time ago) I reported
something similar: I've seen my public keyring being deleted.

In those days, I thought it was a locking problem (because I possibly
had several gnupg instances running), but this time, I think it there
was only one running, for sure. I assume the public keyring got deleted
when I Ctrl-C'ed gpg (which I did at some time, when it took too long to
verify an email, which may have been caused by the fact that my public
keyring got quite hugh during the last months...).

I haven't yet looked into sources, but I guess this happened during an
aborted automatical import of a key. That's probably why I Ctrl-C'ed it
at all...

$ gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 1.2.4
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

Home: ~/.gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA, ELG
Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH
Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2

MfG, JBG

--
   Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw at lug-owl.de    . +49-172-7608481