PGP/MIME assistance

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at ruslug.rutgers.edu
Wed Nov 10 20:56:02 CET 2004

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 02:25:05PM -0500, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am writing a php mailer so users can contact me through my website and
> I want to enable PGP/MIME messaging. I'm able to have the mailer
> generate what seems to be a proper attachment and a proper PGP/MIME
> e-mail but for some reason the encrypted content seems to be
> empty all the time. If I try to decrypt the content manually it displays
> correctly but my MUA (mutt) is displaying the content as empty. I am
> also not getting any errrors through my MUA.
>
> I'm sure I'm missing something silly here, I just can't figured it out.
>
> Here is what a PGP/MIME e-mail looks like when I receive it through my
> mailer:
>
> http://mcgrof.com/pgp-mime.txt
>
> And here is my source:
>
> http://mcgrof.com/contact/index.phps
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> 	Luis

Well nevermind it works. What I was doing is just doing 1-line e-mail
tests and the message was empty. The first line just seems to be truncated.
I read the RFC but was unsure if it meant to say that we should include a
content-type line on the encrypted message.. perhaps the answer is yes.
Can someone verify?

	Luis

--
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 113F B290 C6D2 0251 4D84  A34A 6ADD 4937 E20A 525E