gpgme 1.0 has unchecked dependency on libassuan

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Oct 3 18:44:39 CEST 2004

Hi,

At Fri, 1 Oct 2004 09:06:12 -0500 (EST),
"Mark H. Wood" <mwood at IUPUI.Edu> wrote:
> gpgme 1.0 fails to build on a Linux 2.4/glibc 2.3 system when libassuan is
> not installed:

libassuan is included.  The error is that it tries to build engine-gpgsm.

> I wonder whether engine-gpgsm should be built at all, since I don't have
> gpgsm either (and this was correctly detected by the configure script).

Yes, this was reported at friday on gnupg-devel already.  I will
release gpgme 1.0.1 tonight (likely).

> I read README to mean that gpgsm is supported but not a prerequisite, but
> this appears to be incorrect.

It's a simple bug in the configure check for gpgsm presence.  There is
a patch on gnupg-devel.  As a work around, you could just specify
"--with-gpgsm=/usr/bin/gpgsm" to fake gpgsm presence at configure
time.

Thanks,
Marcus