[Announce] GnuPG 1.3.92 released (development)

John Clizbe JPClizbe at comcast.net
Sat Oct 30 08:14:51 CEST 2004

Werner Koch wrote:
> Hello!
>
> The latest release from the development branch of GnuPG is ready for
> public consumption.  This is a branch to create what will extremely
> soon become the new stable release of GnuPG 1.4.
>
> We strongly encourage people to try this development release and
> report any feedback or problems to gnupg-devel at gnupg.org.  If you have
> been waiting until the 1.4 release is imminent before trying the code,
> that time is now.

W00T!!!!!

Y'all fixed the HAVE_INTTYPES_H configure glitch that showed up in MinGW
starting with mingw-runtime-3.3.

I used to just patch config.h to get around it. Next you'll take away the
'touch po/all' "bug", and I'll be left with nothing but (./configure &&
make) which IMO is a *GOOD THING*(tm).

(THANK YOU!!!)**4

I was tracking that one down in *my spare time*, but work has been keeping
me swamped.

BTW, the 1.3.92 release and 1.3.93-cvs built without anything unexpected.

Oh, even with <winldap.h> conditionally included in gpgkeys_ldap.c,
<ldap.h> is still needed by MinGW for -lwldap32 to pass the LDAPLIBS test
in configure and for gpgkeys_ldap to build. Perhaps the same conditional
should be in configure when testing for LDAPLIBS:
+++
#ifdef _WIN32
#include <winsock2.h>
#include <winldap.h>
#else
#include <ldap.h>
#endif
+++

Once again, THANK YOU to the entire GnuPG team.

- --
John P. Clizbe                   Inet:   JPClizbe(a)comcast DOT nyet
Golden Bear Networks             PGP/GPG KeyID: 0x608D2A10
  "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They
never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people,
and neither do we." - Dumbya explaining his administration 5-Aug-2004