ath.c:201: _gcry_ath_mutex_unlock: Assertion `*lock == ((ath_mutex_t) 1)' failed.

Christof Debaes christof.debaes at vub.ac.be
Wed Sep 15 20:40:07 CEST 2004

Hey,

I saw the the thread of Thorsten Hirsch about the assertion error with gnupg
version 1.9.10, and I have found that here gpg is failing at the same
assertion error while generating a new key

Here is the end of the output of: gpg --gen-key:
>We need to generate a lot of random bytes. It is a good idea to perform
>some other action (type on the keyboard, move the mouse, utilize the
>disks) during the prime generation; this gives the random number
>generator a better chance to gain enough entropy.
>ath.c:201: _gcry_ath_mutex_unlock: Assertion `*lock == ((ath_mutex_t) 1)'
failed.
>Aborted

As with Thorsten Hirsch, I'm also running it on a gentoo distribution. It
might be related to this. I have recently update from gnupg 1.2.4. Any
suggestion what I can test to dig more into this problem?

--Christof