Weaknesses in SHA-1

Alan S. Jones asj at ipa.net
Wed Sep 22 04:59:28 CEST 2004

I would be curious if anyone knows what the commercial PGP app supports
also for a good comparison.  I think it would be helpful not just for
rumored weaknesses, but for over all compatibility knowledge.  Maybe an
ongoing table we could keep current.

I know t hat SHA-1 has been analyzed more then SHA256, SHA384, or SHA512
thus could actually be stronger.  However why not let people create keys
with those algorithms also in 1.4?

On a side note I know that the 1.3.x series will become the new stable 1.4.
 However I was wondering when we would see the first builds that actually
said  1.4 come along?  I figure we will see a much more use of that build
series when it actually says 1.4.

Alan

--
Alan S. Jones