gpgme compile problem (ld too old?)

Thomas Strösslin am33 at 2wire.ch
Thu Sep 23 00:56:31 CEST 2004

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

 > > > but if you can confirm that it works ok if
 > > > you remove the /* */ comment, then I will remove it from CVS, as
it is
 > > > not really needed.
 > >
 > > Removing that comment works.
 >
 > Thanks a lot for trying that, I removed the comment from CVS.

I don't know what you mean when you speak about those comments, they are
not there anymore in version 0.4.3. However, compilation still failed
with a "parse error in VERSION script" because a version string seems to
be necessary in front of the opening brace:

old (non working):
{
   global: gpgme_*;
};