Authenticating TCP connections based on public keys

Christian Stork cstork at ics.uci.edu
Mon Sep 27 23:12:55 CEST 2004

Hi,

I have a potentially naive question so please forgive me if I missed an
obvious answer or if this is not the appropriate list (at least I know
it's not an FAQ):

Assume I'm running a service for certain peers.  My server knows the
public keys of each peer.  How can I use GPG (or any of its subprojects)
to authenticate an incoming connection based on these public keys?  Is
there a standard for this case?

(I'm interested in keeping the administrative overhead as low as
possible, which is why extra SSL certificates etc. are out of question.)

-Chris

PS: Please cc me in your replies since I'm not subscribed to this list.

--
Chris Stork   <>  Support eff.org!  <>   http://www.ics.uci.edu/~cstork/
OpenPGP fingerprint:  B08B 602C C806 C492 D069  021E 41F3 8C8D 50F9 CA2F