gpgme_cancel() does not stop gpg process from finishing asynchronous call

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sun Apr 17 17:39:48 CEST 2005

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 18:03:40 -0400, Igor Belyi said:

> Additional thought - sending TERM signal should be no worse than a
> user hitting Control-C while working with gpg directly.

BTW, there is an easy way to tell gpg to stop: Although the status
functions won't return an error code, they may be changed to detect a
write error and call exit() then.  The problem here is that this
slightly changes the semantics and some software may fail therefore.

The only way to implement this in a safe way is by introducing a
new option to gpg to do this.  gpgme may then look at the gpg's
versions and decide whether to use this option.  Marcus, what do you
think, shall I add such an option to gpg 1.4.2?

Salam-Shalom,