SmartCard usage

Jan Niehusmann jan at gondor.com
Fri Apr 22 15:43:58 CEST 2005

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 03:06:53PM +0300, Serdar KOYLU wrote:
> For use GnuPG with smartcard, i can what?

GnuPG only supports smart cards following the OpenPGP Card
specification, as available from http://www.g10code.com/p-card.html

The cards you can by from kernelconcepts (link on the mentioned page) are
the only ones actually available, as far as I know.

You may implement the OpenPGP specification on one of your cards, if it
is programmable and sufficiently capable. But this would be very
non-trivial, I don't think this is what you want to do.

Jan