Even more problems with revuid and --command-fd and --status-fd

Michael Schierl schierlm at gmx.de
Tue Aug 2 13:55:32 CEST 2005

Hello,

after writing my last mail yesterday (which is probably still pending
moderator's approval) I got into even more trouble...

Situation: GUI frontend wants to revoke a key's signature.

How it is supposed to work: use

--with-colons --batch --passphrase-fd 0 --command-fd 0 \
    --status-fd 1 --edit-key <fingerprint_of_key>

and then send the revsig command. Then wait for the proper key id,
confirm that one with "y", wait for "ask_revoke_sig.okay" and then dump
out all the other things needed.

When trying it in a "dry run" on the command line I noticed (as
mentioned in my last mail) that the way gpg tells me the revocable key
ids (which have to be confirmed one by one with y or n afterwards) is
quite hard to parse.

Even worse - it seems that these listings get sent directly to the
terminal, so when reading stdout from a (Java) program these information
is missing completely :(

Any workarounds or should/can I wait for a fixed version? (I am using
version 1.4.2 at the moment).

BTW funny fact: I checked a few GPG frontends (enigmail keymanager,
winpt, ...) but none of them supports to revoke a key's signature...

Michael