Proof of email ownership

Simon Josefsson jas at extundo.com
Mon Aug 8 14:26:47 CEST 2005

Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> writes:

> Let me note that I am currently working on a simplified key validation
> scheme.  The basic idea is to connect a signature to an DNS entry.

Wonderful idea!

> To create a signature on an email (or any other data) you would use:
>
>   gpg -s -Npka-address at gnupg.org=werner at example.org foo

I'm experimenting with making this easy to use in Gnus.  Would it be
possible to make it possible to specify the -N stuff through gpg.conf
too?  That may be simpler for users with old MUAs that hasn't been
updated to support adding that parameter.

Meanwhile, something like this seem to be what you need in Gnus:

(setq pgg-gpg-extra-args '("-Npka-address at gnupg.org=jas at extundo.com"))

Thanks,
Simon