scdaemon w pcsc (towitoko usb) problem

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Dec 6 10:50:53 CET 2005

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 12:58:00 +0100, Bernhard Reiter said:

> scdaemon[10852]: handler for fd -1 started
> scdaemon[10852]: error sending PC/SC OPEN request: Broken pipe

We use a wrapper program (pcsc-wrapper) to overcome problems with
pcsclite (it uses pthreads and that conflicts with our use of Pth).
It seems that this wrapper program died to early or is too old.  I
suggest to replace pcsc-wrapper by a script running the real
pcsc-wrapper under strace - this is the fastest method to see what
went wrong.

========pcsc-wrapper===
#!/bin/sh
strace -o /tmp/pcsc-wrapper.log /usr/local/lib/gnupg/pcsc-wrapper.real "$@"