gnupg-1.4.2 Excessive warnings when using Sun's cc

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Dec 6 12:36:59 CET 2005

On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 06:01:26 +0000, David Kirkby said:

> I built gnupg-1.4.2 on a Sun Ultra 80 with Solaris 10 and Sun's Studio
> 11 compiler suite (which is now free). Sun's compiler is generally
> acknowledged to be stricter than gcc, but it gives a lot of warnings
> when compiling gnupg-1.4.2 - see below.

Those signed/unsigned warning are well known and harmless.  If you
tell me a compiler option to suppress these warning I will add this as
a default option for this compiler.  We already did this for gcc 4
which also complains about it.

GnuPG 1.9 has been changed to to solve the unsigend/signed conflicts
(needs quite some casts and I still wonder whether this is really for
the good).  We won't change 1.4.2 as this will for sure introduce
bugs.

BTW, now that some Sun stuff seems to be free, anyone thinking of
implementing funopen in their libc?

Shalom-Salam,