solved (was: scdaemon w pcsc (towitoko usb) problem)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Dec 6 15:58:59 CET 2005

Werner wrote:
| On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 12:58:00 +0100, Bernhard Reiter said:
|
| > scdaemon[10852]: handler for fd -1 started
| > scdaemon[10852]: error sending PC/SC OPEN request: Broken pipe
|
| We use a wrapper program (pcsc-wrapper) to overcome problems with
| pcsclite (it uses pthreads and that conflicts with our use of Pth).
| It seems that this wrapper program died to early or is too old.  I
| suggest to replace pcsc-wrapper by a script running the real
| pcsc-wrapper under strace - this is the fastest method to see what
| went wrong.

Indeed I saw that "pcsc-wrapper" is missing completely,
it was dropped out of -kk packaging, Changelog entry, by Bernhard H.:
  * removed /usr/lib/gnupg/pcsc-wrapper as it's no longer built

It used to be in the gpgsm Debian Package, together with scdaemon.
Thinking about this: scdaemon probably is used by the agent
for OpenPGP, too, so it would make some sense to put pcsc-wrapper
and scdaemon into the gnupg-agent package.
Werner: Can you confirm?

Bernhard H.: If Werner confirms, we need to improve that package
and also send the diff to Debian "gnupg2" source,
they are still at 1.9.15-6.

Werner: I suggest to at least check for the existence of pcsc-wrapper
to give a better error message.

	Bernhard