keyflag subpacket and key expiration subpacket

Christoph Anton Mitterer cam at mathematica.scientia.net
Sat Dec 17 01:32:15 CET 2005

David Shaw wrote:

>Honestly, no.  It would be a significant project to rewrite those
>sections of the program.

Ok, thanks anyway :-)

I'm going to try to create such sigs by patching a lokal version of gpg,...
1) Creating a new 0x1F sig containing the required stuff (this should be
the same things as found on the 0x1F sigs for the revokation-key,
correct? - of course without the revokation key subpacket itself) with
an additional key-expiration-time and key-flag subpacket.
2) Recreate the 0x13 for all the UIDs,.. and simply delete the
key-expiration-time and key-flag subpacket, correct?

Ok,.. I'm always unsure if my patches are correct, but is true that
everything should have worked well if:
- I manually look up the hexcode of the whole signature packet and
compare it with the standard,...
- import the sig in gpg to see if the signature data itself has been
calculatet correctly. If not gpg should complain...

Chris.