[Patch] internatinal domain names for email addresses

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Thu Jan 6 17:04:19 CET 2005

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 04:50:47PM +0100, Thomas Kuehne wrote:

> The HKP is a different problem, but the "Not a valid email address"
> isn't. Maybe relaxing the test code for the domain part is the way
> to go. (see attachement)

That's a good point.  Note that you can make it work even now if you
use --allow-freeform-uid.

> 1) key selection:
> gpg --edit-key user at xn--fiq228c.idn.kuehne.cn
> gpg --edit-key user@??????.idn.kuehne.cn

Perhaps I am missing something, but it strikes me that users should
never be using the punycode format directly.  This is an encoding to
accomodate software that cannot handle unicode.  Since GnuPG does
handle unicode, the user should be using the actual unicode name and
not translating it and then typing in the translation.

> 2) the regular expression of trust signatures with level > 0

Is there a problem with the regexps and non-7-bit UTF8 characters?

David