nsis win32 installer

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jan 21 09:31:38 CET 2005

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 00:23:05 -0600, John Clizbe said:

> Rather than have competiing scripts, it would make more sense to me if
> work was invested in improving the existing script Werner has begun.

I'd really appreciate it. Two problems:

1. The custom page for options does not show up.  The stuff is
   currently commented out; I have attached the ini file.  It shall be
   used to select the language for gnupg (i.e. not of the installer).
   We can generate the actual drop down box using a script so that we
   only offer available languages.  nsis allows to include them but I
   am not sure how to best initialize them - well, we can generate the
   ini file too.

2. Need to find a way to get the current language of the installer
   and use this as the default for gnupg's language. That language
   needs to be mapped from Windows code (1031)to a proper locale code
   "de".

tia,

  Werner

p.s.
the mk-w32-dist script calls nsis this way:

 cd dist-w32
 makensis -v3 -nocd -DVERSION=1.4.1-cvs -DPROD_VERSION=1.4.1.1 \
         -DGNUPG_SRCDIR=.. ../scripts/w32installer.nsi