libgpgme.so problem when linked to libpthread

Rui Paulo rpaulo at NetBSD.org
Mon Jul 4 16:09:54 CEST 2005

Hi,
While investigating a supposed pthread problem under NetBSD with the
help of Nathan Williams, he noticed that our pkg infrastructure, pkgsrc,
is linking libgpgme.so with libpthread.so, event that should only
happen with libgpgme-pthread.so.

This causes the problem described under PR#30414 [1].

I'm new to gpgme code, but seems like if libgpgme.so isn't linked with
pthread (which should be the correct way), ath_* calls get translated to
no-ops or to their libc counterpart (recvmsg, sendmsg, etc).
While there is a problem with pkgsrc, I would like to know your opinion
about this problem, as it may happen under other systems or package
infrastructures.

Thanks in advance.

[1] http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=30414

		-- Rui Paulo