gpgme_cancel() does not stop gpg process from finishing asynchronous call

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jul 22 12:03:23 CEST 2005

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 00:48:07 +0200, Marcus Brinkmann said:

>> The only way to implement this in a safe way is by introducing a
>> new option to gpg to do this.  gpgme may then look at the gpg's
>> versions and decide whether to use this option.  Marcus, what do you
>> think, shall I add such an option to gpg 1.4.2?

> Sounds like a good idea, if there is still time.  Or just to the next
> version, it doesn't seem to be that urgent to me.

Just added the option --exit-on-status-write-error:

This option will cause write errors on the status FD to immediately
terminate the process.  That should in fact be the default but it
never worked this way and thus we need an option to enable this, so
that the change won't break applications which close their end of a
status fd connected pipe too early.  Using this option along with
--enable-progress-filter may be used to cleanly cancel long running
gpg operations.

Shalom-Salam,