doc/bug gpgme 1.0.1

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu May 5 13:48:33 CEST 2005

At Wed, 27 Apr 2005 18:03:26 +1000,
Tyler Retzlaff <list at omicron-persei-8.net> wrote:

> The info documentation for initialization of struct gpgme_data_cbs
> indicates that release is an optional.  However, if  it is initialized
> to NULL a gpgme_data_release still causes release to be called.  It
> being initialized to NULL causes things to barf.

Right, this is a bug in the code.  Thanks for finding it!

I applied a correct version of your patch (you still dereference the
null pointer), and also added checks to read/write/seek.  You can find
it in CVS.

2005-05-05  Marcus Brinkmann  <marcus at g10code.de>

	* data-user.c (user_release): Only call user hook if provided.
	(user_seek): Return EBADF if no user hook is provided.
	(user_read): Likewise.
	(user_write): Likewise.

Thanks,
Marcus