smartcard use with sylpheed-claws

Karsten Gerloff kg at office.fsfeurope.org
Mon May 23 16:35:39 CEST 2005

On Mon, 23 May 2005 11:07:22 +0200
Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 19 May 2005 16:41:10 +0200, Karsten Gerloff said:
>
> > The problem seems to be that the PIN request is not working;
> > sylpheed-claws simply does not ask for a PIN at the point where it

[...]
> Use gpg-agent.  There should be a Debian package for it.

Unfortunately, this is not working. Sylpheed-claws calls up the GPG
agent just fine - as long as there are no keys on the card (I am using
my card for subkeys). If there are keys on the card, sylpheed-claws acts
like it does when the wrong passphrase is entered (it displays a
catch-all error message). How do you think this can be solved?

Best regards
Karsten

--
Karsten Gerloff                                <kg at office.fsfeurope.org>