GnuPG key capabilities

Joe Vender jvender at owensboro.net
Tue Nov 1 01:47:18 CET 2005

A specific key's capabilitie(s) are the defined purpose(s) or usage of the
particular key. For example, when you generate a key, you are asked what
the key should be used for (encrypt only, sign only, encrypt & sign,
authentication, certification). These are the possible key capabilities,
and when chosen at key generation time, become the key's capabilitie(s).
The key's capabilities are displayed after "usage:" when you do an
gpg --edit-key.
.