pin prompt for kobil kaan advanced usb cardreader with integraded pinpad

Gaudenz Steinlin gaudenz at soziologie.ch
Wed Oct 12 18:31:38 CEST 2005

Hi

I'd like to use a kobil kaan advanced usb cardreader with gpg. After
upgrading the cardreader's firmware basic operations (like gpg
--card-status) work. But whenever I want to do an operation that
requires a pin I'm asked to enter the pin via my keyboard, but this
cardreader has an integrated keypad. Just entering the pin on the
readers keypad does not work. It however seems to work to enter the pin
on the keyboard (tried with the passwd command to change the pin)

How can I use the keypad with gpg?

Thanks for any hints,

Gaudenz

--