/include/ttyio.h:49: parse error before `*'

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Fri Oct 21 16:36:17 CEST 2005

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 11:45:20AM +0200, müde Taube wrote:
> Hi David,
>

> > > gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I../include -I../intl    -g -O2 -Wall -c fileutil.c
> > > In file included from fileutil.c:32:
> > > ../include/ttyio.h:49: parse error before `*'
> >
> > Can you send your config.log file that was generated by configure?
> > Also, do you have readline installed on your system?  What Linux
> > distribution is this?
>
> It is red hat based on a 7.0 distribution, just a mail and webserver
> without X or something.
>
> you are right, one of the problem was missing readline lib. I installed
> readline and now make breaks later:

I think you'll need to build with configure --without-readline.  The
readline you have looks good enough for configure to include it, but
isn't good enough to actually work with GPG.

I've added some autoconf checks to make sure the readline library has
all the necessary requirements for the next GPG release.

Thanks!

David