gpg: invalid options

Harvey Muller hlmuller at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 17 21:42:52 CEST 2006

> > From: Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org>
> CC: gnupg-devel at gnupg.org
> To: Harvey Muller <hlmuller at yahoo.com>
> Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 13:26:17 +0200
> Subject: Re: GPG errors
>
> On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 19:21, Harvey Muller said:
>
> > gpg: invalid option "--card-status"
>
> Please tell us the entire command line you used to
> call gpg as well as

Commands used to produce errors:

gpg --card-status
gpg --disable-ccid

> the content of the gpg.conf.

The gpg.conf stripped of comments:

keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net

hidden-encrypt-to 0x12277FBC!
hidden-encrypt-to 0xCC28B36C!

default-recipient 0x12277FBC!
default-recipient 0xCC28B36C!

> You might want to check that --card-status is not
> preceded by an
> non-option.

As shown above, this wasn't the case.

> Salam-Shalom,
>
>    Werner

I've since compared the install script used (system
and gnupg), and could not find error.  I'm in the
process of a manual install, to see if I can identify
where I may have gone wrong.

When I first successfully installed gnupg, pcsc-lite,
and the ozscrlx driver, it was from a base install.  I
still suspect the script may have an error, but cannot
yet identify it.  So I'm trying to recreate the first
successful attempt, and then will try to identify the
source of the error. I do not think any of the
applications are at fault, just seeing if anyone has
any clue where to look, as it isn't plain to me.

Best regards.