FreeBSD ports for libassuan 1.0.1 and gnupg 2.0.1

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Dec 4 17:39:02 CET 2006

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 19:35, dougb at dougbarton.us said:

> BTW, I'm still seeing the "Warning: using insecure memory!" error, in
> spite of having the no-secmem-warning option in my gpg.conf. I'm still
> willing to help debug that if Werner can give me some pointers.

Just tested it on

  5.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE #0: Sun May  8 10:21:06 UTC 2005
  root at harlow.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386 GENERIC

  $ ulimit -l
  unlimited

without problems.  --no-secmem-warning works as expected.  I am using
a very decent libgcrypt snapshot: 1.2.4-svn1174.  However, I can't
remember that we recently changed anything.

Did you tried

  gpg2 --no-secmem-warning

to explode the chance that gpg read's another conf file.

Salam-Shalom,