GPGME

djh henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Tue Dec 12 06:41:03 CET 2006

I have been looking at configure.ac for the GPGME package, trying to find out what to do to enable it to build easily on cygwin systems.

Not being an expert with GNU build tools I can only ask what I hope are good questions.

configure.ac has no references to cygwin in it, but it does in line #128 or so have

*-mingw32*)          in a case statement.

Shouldn't there also be a

*-*-cygwin*)

Though  cygwin does not use dos-ish pathnames, shouldn't it have the follwing setting??

have_w32_system=yes

I don't know if this is used for creating dlls or not?

or if
        GPG_DEFAULT='/usr/local/bin/gpg.exe'      would be needed or

if the below is relevant or not.
	# XXX Assuan is not supported in this configuration.
	#GPGSM_DEFAULT='c:\\gnupg\\gpgsm.exe'
        #component_system='COM+'

Please take a look at configure.ac and add a case for  *-*-cygwin* and
set the appropriate flags to enable w32 dll libraries for gpgme to be built.

Regards,
  Darel Henman