Request for a new status code for untrusted keys

Daiki Ueno ueno at unixuser.org
Tue Dec 26 06:05:44 CET 2006

Hello,

When I encrypt to a user whose key is not marked as trusted, gpg shows
detail information about the key and asks me to confirm.  However, if
--no-tty is specified, there is no status code to indicate which
(sub)key is untrusted.

$ gpg2 --no-tty --status-fd=1 --command-fd=0 -r 5B0358A2 \
       --encrypt /dev/null
gpg: C3680A6E: There is no assurance this key belongs to the named user
[GNUPG:] GET_BOOL untrusted_key.override

Sorry for bothering you again, may I request a new status code (perhaps
NEED_TRUST <key-id>)?

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno