Possible bug in g10/g10.c

Christian Biere christianbiere at gmx.de
Thu Feb 23 21:05:14 CET 2006

David Shaw wrote:
> >     for( s++; *s ; s++ ) {
> > 	if ( isascii (*s) ) <<<<< Isn't there a '!' missing?
> >           highbit = 1;

> That's a bug.  I've fixed it for 1.4.3.  Thanks for the report!

On a related note, the replacement functions for strcasecmp()
and strncasecmp() in util/strgutil.c are wrong. The standard
says tolower() is used - not toupper() - and it also uses
the difference of the lowercased characters as result. It
may not matter in GnuPG but it would be a pity if someone
copied this code.

--
Christian