Several questions about s2k

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmx.de
Tue Feb 28 02:31:10 CET 2006

On Tuesday 28 February 2006 00:32, Olli Artemjev wrote:
> I've updated comments on novell bugreport page.
> Please refresh.

2:21 a.m. will look at it tomorrow ;-)

> 1. The gpg.conf used in my tests is avaliable from bugreport.
> Also attaching here.

Thanx, looked at it, I may have found the issue, you use

disable-cipher-algo 3DES
disable-pubkey-algo 3DES

and this causes the error message "gpg: invalid item `S2' in preference
string", admittedly it sounds confusing, but has nothing to do with the
s2k options. So, you are right, it was not a typo.

But, 3DES is a requirement by OpenPGP and must never be disabled, but
this is what you did in your gpg.conf and this has confused GnuPG.

Malte