Several questions about s2k

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmx.de
Tue Feb 28 19:10:19 CET 2006

On Tuesday 28 February 2006 07:25, Olli Artemjev wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Feb 2006, Malte Gell wrote:
> > On Tuesday 28 February 2006 00:32, Olli Artemjev wrote:
> >> I've updated comments on novell bugreport page.
> >> Please refresh.

I think --expert was made to allow "silly" things, but maybe not really
everything one might intend to do.

> > But, 3DES is a requirement by OpenPGP and must never be disabled,
> > but this is what you did in your gpg.conf and this has confused
> > GnuPG.
>
> well.. why? What should I read to get a reason of that ? 3des is weak
> for my paranoia ;-)) why should I enable it? ?-)

David, one developers said something about this on the list, I would
suggest you subscribe to gnupg-users / gnupg-devel to ask about these
things. Generally I´d say disabling 3des makes not much sense, because
you use --cipher-algo aes256 to encrypt your stuff with AES256, so why
additionally trying to disable 3des?

Instead of filing bug reports at Novell, I think you get more response
and answers from the right people if you subscribe to the mailing
lists, see: