New GnuPG Installer

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Tue Jan 24 15:45:34 CET 2006

Jared wrote:

> 3. Based on NSIS - I know this seems like an odd complaint, but I find NSIS
> installers woefully advanced-user-unfriendly.  As mentioned in point 1, it
> Because of all of these reasons, I felt it would be best create a new
> installer that includes all of the capabilities mentioned above, and using a
> more user-friendly packager than NSIS.  So, I turned to Inno Setup, a Free,
> Open Source Windows packaging application with which I already have fairly
> extensive experience.

I've done basically the same thing, but made an .msi installer for
AD/Group Policy deployment at our site.

http://www.math.unl.edu/~rdieter/Software/Windows/

Unfortunately, I've been using a mostly non-free tool, Advanced
Installer, to make these.  One of these days I'll have to learn to use wix.

-- Rex