GPGME: Exporting private OpenPGP keys

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jul 13 23:28:27 CEST 2006

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 21:09, Mario Lenz said:

> I need to export OpenPGP keys. As far as I can see it's possible to
> export public keys, but I miss a function for private ones. If no one is
> working on this at the moment, I'd like to give it a try and write one-

Exporting private keys is not in the domain of gpgme.  Management of
private keys requires specialized (organizational) processes.
Further, the way private keys are exported is very application
specific and we can't easily come up with an abstract API for
that. Thus we don't intend to support this in gpgme.

Salam-Shalom,