gpgme memory leak? What's wrong?

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Mar 20 23:33:26 CET 2006

At Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:21:32 +0100,
Christian Biere <christianbiere at gmx.de> wrote:

> Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > At Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:41:45 +0300,
> > "Vladimir S. Petukhov" <vladimir at sycore.org> wrote:
> > The code you quoted is not valid C code.
>
> Neither is yours.

The difference is that I don't see any leaks, thus I do not need to
help others reproducing a bug.

The main problem I had with Vladimirs code snippet was that it did not
show the passphrase callback (which may do allocation), and that it
contained an obviously broken line:

>   gpgme_op_sign gpgme_data_out, GPGME_SIG_MODE_CLEAR);

which raises doubts if I could faithfully reproduce his test case.  In
fact, because I did not see any memory leak, I am sure I could not
reproduce his test case.

If your mail was sarcasm, I didn't get it.  I lost my funny hat ;)

Thanks,
Marcus