Tru64 cc: Pointer mismatch warnings not suppressed because of an error in the configure script

Tim Mooney mooney at dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak.edu
Tue May 16 17:22:38 CEST 2006

In regard to: Tru64 cc: Pointer mismatch warnings not suppressed because of...:

> Dear all
>
> I am just installing GnuPG on some HP Tru64 UNIX Version 5.1B-3 systems.
> C compiler version:	Compaq C V6.5-011 on Compaq Tru64 UNIX V5.1B (Rev. 2650)
> 				Compiler Driver V6.5-003 (sys) cc Driver
>
> Pointer mismatch warnings during the compilation are not suppressed
> because there is a tipo (ptrmismatch instead of ptrmismatch1) in the
> GnuPG configure script.

I don't believe that's a typo, Jörg.  There are both "ptrmismatch" and
"ptrmismatch1" tags that the C compiler will skip warning about under
different situations.  With earlier versions of the compiler, though,
there was just "ptrmismatch".  That's why it appears in the configure
script -- when that part of the configure script was written, there was
no "ptrmismatch1".

I think your change is still a good one.  With the compiler behavior
under 5.x, ptrmismatch1 is very likely the tag you want to suppress
warnings for.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney at dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak.edu