Problems compiling gpg-agent fat on MacOSX

Stéphane Corthésy stephane at sente.ch
Sun May 21 11:56:53 CEST 2006

Hi,

I compiled gpg-agent on MacOSX as fat/universal, i.e. compiled for
ppc and i386 architectures at the same time; I already did that for
gpg, gpgme and gpg-error, and encountered some identical problems, as
well as new ones.

To compile libgcrypt (1.2.2), I needed to use libtool 1.5.22's
config.guess, config.sub, install-sh and ltmain.sh, like I had to
with gpg 1.4.2, before David kindly fixed that. Can you upgrade
libgcrypt to, please? I also needed to change the endianness
detection code, which doesn't work when you compile for 2 different
architectures atthe same time; David already fixed that in gpg 1.4.3;
if you could fix libgcrypt the same way, that would be nice.

libassuan 0.6.10 compiled fine.

I compiled also libksba 0.9.13 (though it is not necessary for gpg-
agent); I had to tweak makefiles (I configured it with --disable-
shared) and remove references to gl directory in Makefile and src/
Makefile. I had to fix the endianness configuration code too, like
for libgcrypt.

I compiled gpg2 (1.9.20), configured with --disable-gpgsm, and had to
fix the endianness configuration code. Also, like mentioned by
Benjamin Donnachie some days ago, in tools/gpgparsemail.c:148, the
'static' declaration of stpcpy() had to be removed. I also had to
modify tools/Makefile to add $(PTH_LIBS) to gpg_connect_agent_LDADD
definition, and add $(LIBINTL) $(PTH_LIBS) to gpgkey2ssh_LDADD
definition. I still have a problem though: 'make check' fails (but
gpg-agent itself works, hopefully).

/tmp/gnupg-1.9.20> make check
Making check in m4
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `check'.
Making check in intl
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `check'.
Making check in gl
make  check-am
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `check-am'.
Making check in jnlib
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `check'.
Making check in common
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `check'.
Making check in agent
make  check-TESTS
PASS: t-protect
==================
All 1 tests passed
==================
Making check in scd
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `check'.
Making check in tools
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `check'.
Making check in po
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `check'.
Making check in doc
make  check-am
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `check-am'.
Making check in tests
make  check-TESTS
asschk: read_assuan: received incomplete line on fd 10
FAIL: sm-sign+verify
asschk: read_assuan: received incomplete line on fd 8
FAIL: sm-verify
======================================
2 of 2 tests failed
Please report to gnupg-devel at gnupg.org
make[2]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

Finally, a question about pinentry: why pinentry's assuan library is
not replaceable by libassuan?

Best regards,

Stéphane