High performance GnuPG - Assuan interface to g10?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon May 22 16:02:17 CEST 2006

"Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2 at gentoo.org> writes:

> What I'd like considered (I may implement the majority of it myself if
> the idea is acceptable) is the following:
> - An Assuan interface to the g10 code, much like the Assuan interface to
>   GPGSM, so a user could call 'gpg --server', and then use that
>   interface as needed - feeding off the status output for verification
>   results.

That is actually on the TODO list but it will take quite some time to
get implemented.  We need to modify basically all code paths to convey
some state - unless you don't need any concurrency.

There is another performance problem, I consider even more important
than the repeated fork/exec:  The searching within the keyrings is
highly inefficient and need to be tackled at the same time.  I have
some basic code to do this.

The current plan however is to get out a GnuPG 2.0 asap and then to
work on the server issue and keyring searching.

Shalom-Salam,