GnuPG 2 and Debian's Pth (was: Latest news from Duesseldorf and Bolzano)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sun Nov 12 13:04:14 CET 2006

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 22:32, daniel-gnupg-users at rio-grande.ping.de said:

> I've problems building it on debian unstable with GNU Pth.

> I've traced it down to pth.h which has PTH_SYSCALL_SOFT to 1 per
> default, because it's configured with --enable-pthread, which implies
> --enable-syscall-soft, by debian. With PTH_SYSCALL_SOFT set to 1 the
> pth.h header enables some #defines which replace write with pth_write.
> This way io.write is replaced with io.pth_write and the non existing
> member pth_write is used, which does not succeed.

This is an unusual change in Sid.  I am still using the old 2.0.1
version of pth and thus I have not seen that problem on my development
boxes.

Debian even installs a new libthread and pthread.h which is obviously
a problem: Pth and Pthread are two different libraries and not
interchangeable.  This needs to be discussed with the Debian folks.

Shalom-Salam,