GnuPG 1.9.95: gpg2 segfaults on build test

Hirohisa Yamaguchi umq.461 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 01:55:10 CET 2006

At Sun, 12 Nov 2006 18:38:39 +0100,
Werner Koch wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 13:00, umq.461 at gmail.com said:
> > Here I attach a set of patch to avoid ``incompatible pointer type'' warnings.
> > I'm not sure if this causes any side-effects.

> Thanks for looking into this.  I can't use the patches because

>   sprintf (numbuf, "%zd:", rsa_n_len);

> is not portable enough ("%zd").  As there are several of such
> problems, I will build a x64 cross compiler and check myself.

"%zd" in printf(3) might be safely replaced by "%lu", for portability
to non-C99 compilers.

There're other wornings like:
 ``warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size''
or
 ``warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of data type''.

These may be the cause of problems we've not seen yet.

Regards,

--
end

	Hirohisa Yamaguchi